An unattractive website or one that has been built poorly will do more damage to your company, than good. A good website design needs to be visually appealing, look professional and be user-friendly. Some of the qualities that a website should possess are:
- Good use of colour– use 2 or 3 primary colours that relate to your business and create a specific tone or mood for your business. too much colour can distract the viewer from your main information.
- Text that is easy to read:Use a font that is easily read, by choosing a text colour that stand out from the background, and a font that is plain and simple. Keep your font size between 10-14, very large fonts look unprofessional.
- Visual graphics:Graphics are important, as they lend visual variety and appeal to an otherwise boring page of text. However, don’t over-use them, and make sure they add meaning or context to your written content.
- Quality photography: A simple way to increase visual appeal is to use high quality photography. High quality product images are especially important for online retailers.
- Simplicity:Keep it simple and allow for adequate white space. Uncluttered layouts allow viewers to focus on your message. Don’t overload your site with overly complex design, animation, or other effects just to impress your viewers.
- Copy:It needs to be effective, to the point, and relevant to your brand. Don’t speak about things that do not answer the customers questions or concerns.
Rubio will ensure that all of these qualities are incorporated into your design, to give it optimal professionalism and user-friendliness.
Our website design and development features:
- Responsive web design – mobile and tablet friendly
- eCommerce websites – shopping carts
- Web and email hosting
- Google Analytics Setup
- Site map development
- Website copywriting